~ Vae Victis Philosophy and Code ~
Since Perfect World is a MMORPG and not a soloist game, we all need to interact with others players. Then, as in every life group, it is sometimes needed to make some rules in order to make everyone satisfied about a lifestyle and avoid disorder and anarchy.
We think that a MMORPG guild isn't only a group of people willing to level up, but also a game mode, an identity, values and common goals.
Our goal isn't to have a guild with 150 members who doesn't know each others and ignore themselves. We prefer to invite quality players with who we'll have fun playing, who will be useful in fights and devoted to their game fellows, who are active and bring ideas to improve the entire guild.
I) Good manners in general
- To provide the guild cohesion and a game quality, it will be asked to all members to RESPECT each others and be fair-play !
- No insults, with racial and/or sexual nature, nor offensive behavior will be tolerated ingame as on the forum.
- MUTUAL AID is needed to be promoted ! The purpose isn't to exploit a player for your own profit.
Another extreme stuff : do not hesitate to ask for a boss and/or a fb-instance, don't be shy and fear to disturb others : asking is not requiring.
- SMS language must be banned on the forum ! It can be allowed on guild chat, since we're limited on words for a single answer, but don't overuse it. (no need to resume a sentence in 4 words, sometimes we won't understand what you're talking about....)
- If you wish to leave the guild, forever or for a short time, please inform the guild within the AFK section. It's the same for in real life holidays (long time afk).
- It is part of the guild life and has its importance : if something important is happening ingame but you're not connected, it will be here a way to inform yourself by regularly consulting the forum.
It will avoid you to come ingame without knowing what to do and, then, make members waste their time.
- Participation wished, there are so many ways : read the contents, make them better, give your idea(s), help for the organisation... etc
- Flood is tolerated in presentation topics (if the author agrees) but forbiden elsewhere.
III) IG (InGame)
- In order to invite a player, this person will first have to open 3 doors which keys are : forum inscription, rules topic reading/signing and presentation topic.
The recrutement section is most of all used for those who contact us directy on the forum without any approach ingame or in real life.
- Anyway, answer to a member question : we know or we don't know/ we can or we can't --) in order for the asking player to not feel ignored by the rest of the guild.
- Player Kill (PK) :
Officially, we are RPK, every guidlmates do what they want (low-lvls, beware ^^).
Of course we don't kill allies (if we have some) but except of that, we are totally free.
If one of our member is under attack, we must give a full answer by all going on the attack zone.
A "Vae Victis" is always authorized for being respected, without using any insult
.-----------> Vae Victis Channel
- Ventrilo (vt) :
Long chat about this subject... Globally, we are now set to the conclusion that it's a wonderful tool, essential for fight coordination
, against enemy guilds for example...
Thus, this tool will remain a way and not an obligation
If you can, try at least to connect on it, even without any microphone, in order to hear what's happening.
Anyway, ingame chat must be promoted in any case of ability.
IV) Guild economy
- We try not to sell to other guild members, or at least to a real preferential rate : exchange and gift are favored.
- When in instance, the spread of treasure(s) changes according to our needs : we decide between each other.
Example : if a member needs a dropped item, we'll keep it for him.
If noone needs the dropped treasure(s), one of the party member will take time to sell all and equally share the gold back between the party members.
- Life is expensive into Perfect World, so concerning equipment :
a) you've bought it, you do whatever you want with it.
b) someone has lend it to you, you mail it back to him or mail it to any member who would have the need.
These rules must be respected by all the guild members without any exception, for a useful goal and overall for a sense of well-being, in our community life.
Since one becomes a Vae Victis, one is subjected to these elementary rules.
If any other rule must be added or these rules changed, a mail will be automatically sent to each member.
Thanks to Koylee for the translation